Monday, August 25, 2014

Reality

Being home-schooled for six years does not prepare you for whats out there in the real world. It shelters you, makes you a hermit in your own shell. After six years of staying at home, I threw myself into the world. I decided to go to community college first, before I attended university. I finally got my license and I found a job. It was inevitable that I would financially have to support myself.

I knew I couldn't depend on my parents forever...but I didn't expect them to drop me like a hot potato once I found a job. I was hit with bills and having to pay for expensive textbooks. I was faced with challenges that involved money...money I didn't have. Granted, I have a job that brings in some money, but it isn't a dependable one. How are you suppose to pay bills with only 8 hours of work each work, making a little over minimum wage?

I have a car that doesn't run. Not to mention, I have to register it. Who knows how much that will cost?? I have a cell phone bill and once I get my car running, I'll need to pay for car insurance and gas. And we all know gas is unreasonably priced. I feel like I'm drowning in debt and I've only just begun.

And these are only my financial stresses, I won't even begin with my college stresses... yet..

But, here I am, kicking myself in the ass for rushing my childhood to be an adult. Facing reality.. and that reality is, life as an adult sucks ass.

Don't you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment